Renee has fostered cats and now boards off and on the cats from existing clients. She lives in the West Village. SITS IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES
Holly has been a pet care giver for over 10 years. She has established clients and decided to team up with WVCS. She is the mother of 2 teenagers and a current of a few cats herself. She will always go beyond to help out our furry friends and lives in the East Village.
We are ONLY accepting new clients WITHOUT specific time of visits preferences SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
and who can provide 2 full sets of keys FOR US TO KEEP ON FILE for the duration of the contract (doorman building no issues of course)
BASIC COST PER VISIT ZONE ABC - $30 - 1 CAT - weekdays or weekends
BASIC COST PER VISIT ZONE D "Hudson Yards" - $35 - 1 CAT - weekdays or weekends
Additional DAILY (not per visit) $10 on Holidays (see below for holidays)
WHY CONTRACTING THE WEST VILLAGE CAT SITTER or HUDSON YARDS CAT SITTERS
Your Cats Will Have ONE selected VISITOR and if that visitor is not available Your Cats will have ONE selected BACKUP Visitor
We Live Within the Service Area or are less than 30 minutes away
We Specialize In Cats - All Cats Are Created Equal In Our Eyes
WVCS and HYCS "The Cat Sitters With THE PURRFECT CATTITUDE!
Sheila has been a cat sitter for over 26 years in the West Village, her reputation is impeccable. Caring, affectionate there is just not one cat she doesn't LOVE! By the way she has 3 lovable furry cuties of her own.
Originally from Venezuela where she still is the main sponsor of a whole colony of street cats, she has always had cats in her home. She has teamed up with WVCS to help out with visits when primaries are booked or on holidays. Very patient and loving, Belinda will always exceed expectations. She has 4 purrs friends of her own.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING VISITING HOURS
AM/MORNING estimated time frame of visits: anytime from 6am through 11am
AM/LATE MORNING OR MIDDAY estimated time frame of visits: anytime from 11am through 1pm
PM/AFTERNOON estimated time frame of visits: anytime from 12pm through 5pm
** If you require 2 visits a day - We will leave a minimum of 4 to 5 hours between visits
NO SPECIFIC TIMES OR PAST 5PM (EVENING) VISITS ARE AVAILABLE UNLESS THERE IS AN EMERGENCY OF COURSE
WE DO TEAM UP WITH WONDERFUL VET TECHNICIAN FOR INSULIN SHOTS (12 hours apart - depends on availability)
BASIC VISIT - please see below what is not charged for compared to other sitters and additional charges
* purring time - a little bit of talking, WE ALL KNOW cats love the attention and of course a little bit of petting and playing if the cats are up for it
* visit report - emailed after each visit. we do our best to attach pictures and/or small videos if time allows and of course if the cats are not camera shy.
* contract wrap-up emailed after the last visit for the contract asking you to check in when you are home safe with your furry friends
* feeding - cleaning feeding dishes each time - auto-feeder: it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make sure it functions properly/new batteries
* litter box maintenance - scooping after each visit - FULL SCRUB (empty/clean box/refill): $15 each box additional
* fresh water - cleaning water bowl each time or light wash water fountain - FULL CLEANING OF FOUNTAIN (filter etc.. $15 additional)
* taking out the soiled litter
* watering plants - maximum 5 plants - WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS ON KITCHEN COUNTER REQUIRED (imagine how many different apartments we visit on a daily basis and how many different plants we are dealing with :) Thank you. Of course if you have over 10 plants we may need to charge extra.
* keeping keys on file
* giving medication or vitamin IN FOOD to be taken from one visit to the next (FEES APPLY FOR MEDICATION THAT HAVE TO BE
ADMINISTERED DIRECTLY TO THE PET AND/OR THE SITTER NEEDS TO STAY UNTIL IT IS TAKEN): $3 to $5 for pills/drops/ointments (depends on meds and method of administration - to be talked about at the time of the meet up) - $7 to $15 for syringe into mouth - OF COURSE THIS WILL DEPEND ON THE CATS WILLINGNESS - we can discuss this at the time of the consultation - FOR INSULIN SHOTS WE TEAM UP WITH A VET TECHNICIAN, shots can go from $50 to $75 depending (to be discussed)
* walkup building (no elevator) - no extra charge up to the 2nd (depending) of a walk-up building, but there will be an extra charge depending on how many flights of stairs there are. To be discussed and IF TOO HIGH WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THE CONTRACT.
* retrieving mail and leaving it in your home - no heavy packages please.
HOLIDAYS 2019 (if visits fall on these days, a DAILY additional fee of $10 will be added)
New Year 1/1
MLK Monday 1/21
President Day 2/16-2/18
Easter weekend 4/20-4/22
Memorial Day Weekend 5/24-5/27
July 4th weekend 7/4-7/7
Labor Day Weekend 8/30+9/2
Columbus day 10/12-10/14
Veteran's day 11/9-11/11
Year End Holidays/Christmas etc... 12/21-12/25
New year 12/31-1/1 2020
Please note that compared to many other cat sitting/visiting agency
- NO CHARGE for medication to be given from one visit to the next unless we need to stay to make sure it is eaten
- NO CHARGE for holding the keys on file (most agencies charge a fee per year)
- NO CHARGE for last minute requests (most agencies charge $15 to $20 penalty fee)
- NO CHARGE for last minute cancellations even on holidays (WE UNDERSTAND that events occur that are out of your control - most agencies charge a penalty fee that can be up to 50% of amount if cancelled within 48 hours and up to 100% of the amount if cancelled 7 days prior particularly around the holidays)
- NO CHARGE for contract amendments (most agencies charge a fee for last minute changes)
THE WEST VILLAGE CAT SITTER™
Covering also WEST VILLAGE, LOWER CHELSEA AND HUDSON YARDS
MEET THE WONDERFUL CAT WHISPERERS TEAMING UP WITH WVCS AND HYCS
WVCS and HYCS THE CAT SITTERS WITH THE PURRECT CATTITUDE!
Click on the COOL CAT follow us on INSTAGRAM