IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING VISITING HOURS
AM estimated time frame of visits: anytime from 6AM through 11AM - we try to do all AM before 10AM but cannot promise on busy days
PM estimated time frame of visits: anytime from 1PM through 5PM - we try to not start as early as 1PM but cannot promised it won't happen on busy days
If you require 2 visits a day - We will leave a minimum of 5 hours between visits
IF CLIENTS REQUIRE VISITS TO BE DONE BEFORE 9AM OR AFTER 5PM PLEASE MAKE SURE WE CAN ACCOMODATE AND THERE IS A PREMIUM FEE OF
$10 PER VISIT
TIMING OF THE VISITS IS BASED ON THE SITTERS ROUTES!
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
We are very different than most pet care agencies. Although the cat sitters who team up with WVCS-MK are totally independent contractors, they all know each other so that if another sitter has to step when the primary sitter is off or booked, the backup sitter can contact the primary directly in case he/she needs further information than the one we all share thru the same private team application "Slack".
Clients will at all times know who is visiting. No one will ever come to clients apartments without clients authorizations.
The owner, Sylvie Gilbert-Pellegrin, is very hands-on, she sends daily visit reminders to all the sitters, meets all new clients personally, sets up meet and greets, follows up after the meetups to make sure that the sitters are purrfect fits, gets involved if there are issues, make sure that each client after the contract is over, is back home safe and sound as planned and there are no need for extra visits, keeps all keys in one single safe place (she lives in the West Village in a secure 24/7 doorman building) which makes things easier for all involved, sitters do not have to worry about setting up appointments with clients to pick up or drop off keys and last but not least Sylvie Gilbert-Pellegrin has a vetting system which include among other things, a background check, thorough training for all sitters that team up with her company so that each one of them follows the same strict protocol which has insured over the years the high standard of service that her company is known for and that clients have come go expect.
IT IS ALL ABOUT THE CATS!
BASIC VISIT INCLUDES - free unless specified next to it
* purring time - a little bit of talking, WE ALL KNOW cats love the attention and of course a little bit of petting and playing if the cats are up for it (brushing, chasing toy or laser targeting, we will find a way to interact with your purries - and for the Houdinis (hiding masters), well, we can have whole telepathic conversation even if we cannot really directly interact with them.
* visit report (daily update reports) - thorough email reports are sent after each visit. we do our best to attach pictures and/or small videos if time allows and of course if the cats are not camera shy. We also include stations pics, meaning food/water/litter box pics after all ready for the purries to give you peace of mind). When sitters have time, they may write a few lines describing what the purries were up to)
* contract wrap-up aka clients check-in - emailed after the last visit for the contract asking you to check in when you are home safe with your purry friends
* feeding - cleaning feeding dishes each time - auto-feeder: it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make sure it functions properly/new batteries
* litter box maintenance - scooping after each visit (free up to 2 litter boxes) - FULL SCRUB (empty/clean box/refill): $15 each box additional
* fresh water - cleaning water bowl or light wash water fountain - FULL CLEANING OF FOUNTAIN (filter etc.. $15 additional)
* taking out the soiled litter
* watering plants - maximum 5 plants - WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS ON KITCHEN COUNTER REQUIRED (imagine how many different apartments we visit on a daily basis and how many different plants we are dealing with :) Thank you. Above 5 plants, an EXTRA CHARGE may be added if/when watering has to happen on the same day
* keeping keys on file - the sitters return all keys to WVCS-MK (The West Village Cat Sitter - Manhattan Kitties) after contract is over and we have the assurance that clients are back home safe with their purries
* giving medication or vitamin IN FOOD to be taken from one visit to the next (FEES APPLY FOR MEDICATION THAT HAVE TO BE
ADMINISTERED DIRECTLY TO THE PET AND/OR THE SITTER NEEDS TO STAY UNTIL IT IS TAKEN): $3 to $5 for pills/drops/ointments (depends on meds and method of administration - to be talked about at the time of the meet up) - $7 to $15 for syringe into mouth - OF COURSE THIS WILL DEPEND ON THE CATS WILLINGNESS - we can discuss this at the time of the consultation - FOR INSULIN SHOTS WE TEAM UP WITH A VET TECHNICIAN, shots can go from $50 to $75 depending (to be discussed)
* walkup building (no elevator) - no extra charge up to the 2nd (depending could be up to the 3rd) of a walk-up building, but there will be an extra charge of at least $3 depending on how many flights of stairs there are. To be discussed and IF TOO HIGH WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THE CONTRACT.
* retrieving mail and leaving it in your home - no heavy packages unless there is an elevator please.
* quick walk-through to make sure there are no ''accidents'' which obviously would be a sign of discomfort
HOLIDAYS 2020 (if visits fall on any of these days, a DAILY additional fee of $10 will be added)
New Year 1/1/2020
MLK Monday 1/20
Presidents Day Weekend 2/15-2/17
Easter Weekend 4/10-4/13
Memorial Day Weekend 5/22- 5/25
July 4th Weekend 7/3-7/6
Labor day Weekend 9/4-9/7
Columbus Day Weekend 10/10-10/12
Veterans Day 11/11
Thanksgiving Weekend 11/26-11/29 - see below for cancellation fee policy
Year-End Holidays/Xmas/etc... 12/24-12/27 - see below for cancellation fee policy
New year 12/31-1/4/2021- see below for cancellation fee policy
CANCELLATION POLICY ONLY FOR THANKSGIVING AND YEAR-END HOLIDAYS
A flat fee of $50 per cancelled contract will be charged unless we get the cancellation by 11/16/2020 for Thanksgiving Weekend (11/26-11/29) and by 12/14/2020 for Year-End Holidays THRU New Year (12/24/20-1/4/21)
Please note that compared to many other cat sitting/visiting agency
- NO CHARGE for medication to be given from one visit to the next unless we need to stay to make sure it is eaten
- NO CHARGE for holding the keys on file
- NO CHARGE for last minute requests
- NO CHARGE for cancellations EXCEPT for ThanksGiving and Year-End Holidays (11/26-11/29 and 12/24/2020 thru 1/4/2021) SEE ABOVE
- NO CHARGE for contract amendments
Holly has been a pet care giver for over 15 years. She has established clients and decided to team up with WVCS. She is the mother of 2 teenagers and a current of a few cats herself. She will always go beyond to help out our furry friends and lives in the East Village.
Melissa has been a pet sitters for years and now is the proud owner of ALFREDO. There is just nothing she wouldn't do for cats - SHE SIMPLY ADORES THEM ALL!
Grandma Kitty Sitter as she calls herself, do not let that name full you, she has plenty of cat energy
and will tire your purries if that is what they need
Erin has been taking are of pets for a while and well, she's just got this purr that cats cannot resist
MEET THE WONDERFUL CAT WHISPERERS TEAMING UP WITH WVCS
WVCS THE CAT SITTERS WITH THE PURRECT CATTITUDE!
we have many more .......
THE WEST VILLAGE CAT SITTER™
West Village and Lower Chelsea - soon covering all Manhattan - MANHATTAN KITTIES launching in April 2020- WVCS-MK
Renee has fostered cats and now boards off and on the cats from existing clients. She lives in the West Village. SITS IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES
We are ONLY accepting new clients who can provide 2 full sets of keys FOR US TO KEEP ON FILE for the duration of the contract unless keys are available at their front desk buildings
BASIC COST PER VISIT ZONES ABC
$35 up to 2 CATS (maximum 2 litter boxes) PLUS $10 daily additional (not per visit) on holidays ($3 per visit per additional cutie)
If clients require visits to be done before 9am or after 5pm there will be an premium fee of $10 per visit - PLEASE MAKE SURE WE ARE AVAILABLE TO ACCOMODATE
OTHER ADDITIONAL CHARGES BELOW (meds/plants/full scrubs/etc...)
OUTSIDE OF ZONES ABC cost to be discussed - PLEASE ASK SINCE WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE
WHY CONTRACTING THE WEST VILLAGE CAT SITTER and/or MANHATTAN KITTIES
Your Cats Will Have ONE selected cat sitter aka primary and if that sitter is not available Your Cats will have ONE selected backup sitter
We try to not have too many different sitters visit - We do our best to insure comfort and ease
Although we love all creatures, we do Specialize In Cats - All Cats Are Created Equal In Our Eyes
WVCS-MK "The Cat Sitters With THE PURRFECT CATTITUDE!