THE WEST VILLAGE CAT SITTER & MANHATTAN KITTIES LLC™
The Cat Sitter Referral Agency To Trust!
* JEFF: I am writing to recommend the care taking services of The West Village Cat Sitter. We have three furry kitties and whenever we need to travel for work or play we ask Sylvie to take care of the “boys.” Knowing that Sylvie is there to feed them, scoop their poop, and give them some attention gives us peace of mind.
She does a great job and is super reliable! We have never had any issues and have been working with Sylvie for several years now. If you live in the west village and are looking for a cat sitter then I guarantee that Sylvie can help.
I trust her with both my cats and my keys!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss over the phone. (PHONE NUMBER AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST).
PS- Sylvie will also text us pics of the cats each morning!
* ABIGAIL: Sylvie is as good as it gets for cat sitting! My husband and I were planning a trip abroad for 10 days and wanted to find a proper sitter for our 2 cats rather than have our lovely (but non-cat loving) friends stop by. I compared 3 different companies/websites and contacted Sylvie first because of her proximity to our neighborhood.
Sylvie returned my inquiry within minutes and we arranged a "cat visit" that evening. The fact the Sylvie wanted to meet my girls to make sure THEY were comfortable says everything about her approach. She really is a cat whisperer. While away, Sylvie provided us with updates and videos so that we could see how the cats were doing. Sylvie is very thorough and writes down feeding instructions, favorite toys, nicknames, and hiding places, and this approach pays off! Our reclusive shy girl could be seen purring and rolling excitedly by the second day. What a relief to find someone who is responsible, personable, and a true animal lover.
Sylvie cares for our cats with respect and compassion, and goes above and beyond. Im pretty sure my cats prefer her! Look no further for a sitter for a short/long vacation. We have since requested her for a short trips and the girls were just as thrilled to have her back. Sylvie is a true gem!
* DEBBIE:I recommend Sylvie Gilbert of The West Village Cat Sitter as a very conscientious and caring cat person. She recently took care of our three kitties while we were away.
Sylvie readily made friends with each of them, including the most timid cat who rarely warms up to people she doesn't know well.
In addition to taking care of their basic needs for food, water, and clean litter boxes, Sylvie spent time with each of our kitties, playing their favorite games with them. We appreciated the frequent reports and photos she sent, so we always knew how they were doing.
It was a real pleasure to find our babies happy and healthy upon our return. We will rely on Sylvie again in the future to give them her special care.
* MIKE: Sylvie will love and take are of your cat as you would.
* CASSIE: Sylvie is fantastic with my (ancient and often crabby) cat. She is a true animal lover and I feel 100% confident leaving him in her care. She's always reachable via text, sends lovely daily updates with pictures and video for every visit and even helped me when i was locked out of my apt one night :) I'm lucky to have found her and thankful she is so nearby. Highly recommend.
* ANNIE: Sylvie is a wonderful, energetic animal lover! She is passionate about cats, and understands their personalities - and we all know the full range of cats' behaviors!!
Sylvie is professional, honest and reliable.
I highly recommend Sylvie to care for your cats!
* ELLIE/TOM: Having moved here recently from the UK my other half and I were keen to travel and see as much of the states as possible. However, we bought our cat over with us who's not always the friendliest of cats and often quite shy. This posed a problem when going away overnight. But when Sylvie came and met him she was great with him, allowing him to come to her and he seemed to really relax in her company! While we were away, Sylvie sent us photos and videos of our cat and it was lovely to see him getting (and enjoying) cuddles from someone else! It also really put me at ease while on holiday to know that he was happy and being well looked after!I would definitely recommend West Village Cat Sitters and am so glad we found them!
* BETTY/ALBA/LIBERTY: Letter from a happy cat!
I procrastinated arranging a cat sitter for a weekend trip last week and contacted several at the last minute. Sylvie was the first to respond and I couldn't be happier with the service.
She arranged to come over the next morning to see the apartment, learn about any special requests (none- my cats are pretty boring) and all that stuff. Meeting her in person was great- in this business you want to see someone face to face because they are in your home. One thing I especially appreciated- she suggested I leave the air conditioning on while away because apparently cats are prone to over-heating. Never would have thought of that.
Every day she would text or email with a photo of the cats. One day she made a short video when the shy cat made an appearance and allowed her to pet him. Those are really nice, thoughtful touches that are very reassuring when you are away
The first morning there was one small problem- she had a hard time unlocking my door (the lock kind of sticks). That was my fault, I should have told her the trick and had her try unlocking the door while she was over for the first visit. So if there are any tricky issues about getting into your apartment, be sure to go over them in person!
* AMANDA G.: Sylvie is a dream come true. I had just adopted my kitten and went on vacation, I was so nervous to leave him (he is disabled) and I could not have had a better experience. She is so flexible, kept in constant contact with me, sent videos and pictures, and loved my Benedict as much as I did.
I truly could not have had a better experience. Sylvie goes above and beyond, she is the best!!!
* MARKI: The West Village Cat Sitter is truly a stand-out, superb business in Greenwich Village. As a young, couple with two very demanding, time consuming jobs, my husband and I were quite worried about leaving our 7 week old kitten alone all day and into the night. Luckily, we found the West Village Cat Sitter, who visits our kitten a few times a week, checks in on her, plays with her and feeds her (if need be be). The kindness and attentiveness with which Sylvie handles your pet is above and beyond. They are constantly in contact with you letting you know your pet is OK and well cared for. They even take photos and send them to you of their visits. It's INCREDIBLY comforting. I cannot say enough tremendously positive things about the West Village Cat Sitter, and I highly, highly recommend their services to anyone that needs short or long term cat sitting. They are simply the best!